Saturday, August 10, 2019

GOD, WHO WHAT WHERE




            Text:  Matthew 16:13-18 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
            Many people today ask the same question, who is Jesus or God? What is he? Where is he? What does he mean to me?

            "God is a Spirit. John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
            God is creator, Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
            God is our provider, Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.


            God is our comforter, Matthew 11:28-29  Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

            God is our healer, James 5:14-15  Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
            God is our Saviour,  1 John 2:1-2  My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
            John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

           
ATTRIBUTES OF GOD

            God is; Omnipotent. God has power over everything. The weather, gravity, physics etc. God is not limited to physical limitations.
             
            God Omniscient ; all knowing. God knows the past present and the future. Nothing takes him by surprise. He knows all there is to know. He knows all that can be known.
            God is omnipresent; all present; God is everywhere all the time. His presence encompasses the whole universe. There is no location he does not inhabit.
             
               These terms are used to describe the nature of God. His attributes or characteristics.




           


No comments:

Post a Comment