Saturday, November 4, 2017

YOU ARE GODS HOUSE (Paul's Resume)

 




            Text:  Ephesians 2:19-22 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
           
                        Galatians 1:11-24 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
             Gospel is not man's.
12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
            12 Received gospel by revelation.
13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:
14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.
             13-14 excelled in Jewish religion. Paul's formal education was the best and yet it wasn't sufficient for the work of God.
15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
            15 He met Jesus
16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:
            16 He received his calling.
17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.
            17 He conferred not with man. (He went to Arabia and returned to Damascus).
18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.
19 But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.

             18-19 Three years passed. Then he went to Jerusalem and talked to Peter and James for fifteen days. Paul didn't alienate himself from other Christians.

20 Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not.
21 Afterwards I came into the regions of Syria and Cilicia;
             21 Next stop is Syria then Cilicia.
22 And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ:         22 He didn't know the Christians in Judaea. Just by reputation.
23 But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed.
24 And they glorified God in me. 23-24 Judeans heard of his conversion and rejoiced.

                        2 Timothy 2:2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.

            Acts 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment