Friday, January 6, 2017

SPIRITUAL GIFTS


Text: 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.


2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.


3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.





Wisdom, Knowledge, Faith, Healing, Miracles, Prophecy, Discernment,


Tongues, Interpretation of tongues.


No man speaking by the spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed.


No man can say that Jesus is the Lord but by the Holy Ghost.


There are diversities of gifts, but the same spirit.


There are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.


There are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.



Let's take a look at verses 12 to 27



Verse 28-31


Mark 16:17-18






1 Corinthians 13:4-8 New English Translation


4 Love is patient,


Love is kind,


Love is not envious.


Love does not brag.


Love is not puffed up.


Love is not rude.


Love is not self-serving.


Love is not easily angered or resentful.


Love is not glad about injustice.


Love rejoices in the truth.


Love bears all things.


Love believes all things.


Love hopes all things.


Love endures all things.


Love never ends.


Verse 8, But if there are prophecies, they will be set aside.


If there are tongues, they will cease.


If there is knowledge, it will be set aside.



1 Corinthians 14:1-12 Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.


2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.


3 But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.


4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.


5 I would that ye all spake with tongues but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.


6 Now, brethren, if I come unto you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you, except I shall speak to you either by revelation, or by knowledge, or by prophesying, or by doctrine?


7 And even things without life giving sound, whether pipe or harp, except they give a distinction in the sounds, how shall it be known what is piped or harped?


8 For if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to the battle?


9 So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air.


10 There are, it may be, so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of them is without signification.


11 Therefore if I know not the meaning of the voice, I shall be unto him that speaketh a barbarian, and he that speaketh shall be a barbarian unto me.


12 Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church.



Announcements


Wednesday bible discussion; The truth Project, 7:00 p.m. lesson #8


January 7, Work day 10:00 a.m.


January 11, 1:00 p.m. Women's tea at the church.


10:00 a.m. Monday Morning bible study at Jack in the box, Carson City Hwy 50.


February 15 Annual business meeting


Remember the brown box, building fund, bicycle, and sewing machine jar.


Food pantry, food donation. Cans and non-perishables


February 5, Super Bowl Party at my house.


No comments:

Post a Comment