Saturday, May 25, 2013

THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH



            Text: Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
            Habakkuk 2:4 Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.
             Galatians 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
            Faith= Complete trust, confidence or reliance, as children usually have faith in their parents.
We start in Faith
            Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God.
             9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Healing is by Faith
            Mark 10:52 And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way. (Jesus healed the blind).
            2 Corinthians 5:7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.
A new covenant
          John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
      Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
      Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
      Galatians 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
            Romans 7:1  Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another even to him who is raised from the dead, , (we are married to Jesus)  that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter. The law.
The problem with the Law
15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
(New living translation).
The problem with the Law
(New living translation)
             Romans 7:14  So the trouble is not with the law, for it is spiritual and good. The trouble is with me, for I am all too human, a slave to sin.
            15 I don't really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don't do it. Instead, I do what I hate.
             16 But if I know that what I am doing is wrong, this shows that I agree that the law is good.
             17 So I am not the one doing wrong; it is sin (sinful nature) living in me that does it.
                18 And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. I want to do what is right, but I can't.
            19 I want to do what is good, but I don't. I don't want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway.
             20 But if I do what I don't want to do, I am not really the one doing wrong; it is sin nature living in me that does it.
                21 I have discovered this principle of life—that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong.
             22 I love God's law with all my heart.
            23 But there is another power within me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a slave to the sin nature that is still within me.
            24 Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death?
            25 Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God's law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin.
New Nature under Grace
            Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
                For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
                For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
                That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
                For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
                For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
                Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
                So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
                But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
                10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
                11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
                12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
                13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
                14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
                15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
                16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
                17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
ANNOUNCEMENTS
  June 1, Work day                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
 Wednesday, Bible discussion, Hair.
June 8, wedding, John & Mari
June 24 Rodeo
Fire Works @ Moffit Park
Lunch after Service.
Remember the brown box, building fund, bicycle, and sewing machine.
 Cans and food donation.
             

No comments:

Post a Comment