Saturday, June 12, 2021

Be a strong Christian.


          Text: Ephesians 6:10-18 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

 

How to become strong. (start by accepting Jesus).

          Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

          Receive Jesus into your life. Let him in.

           

            John 6:53-63 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

            Consume Jesus completely in your life.

57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the father, so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. We are not cannibals.

Is there something lacking in your life?

 

            Matthew 11:28-29 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

            Do you search for more than you have? Jesus will fulfill that emptiness.

29 Take my yoke upon you and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

 

           

            Ephesians 6:11-18 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

         The word whole means complete.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities.

          Against powers.

         Against the rulers of the darkness of this world.

          Against spiritual wickedness in high places.

 

          1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.

 

 

 

 

The  defense against these enemies is.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

         Don't run from Satan. Greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth.

          And having on the breastplate of righteousness.

              15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace.

          Romans 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

 

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

          Hebrews 10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

            17 And take the helmet of salvation.

         Salvation= to be safe. The act of getting saved.

 

          And the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

          Matthew 24:35




Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

 

              18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit.       

         Supplication in the Spirit= Petition or request.

          With all perseverance and supplication for all saints.

         Perseverance= Don't give up. To succeed.

                         And watching thereunto.

         Be aware of what is going on.

.


No comments:

Post a Comment