Saturday, December 31, 2011

MORE OF CHRIST



          Text: Philippians 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
 11If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
 12Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
          13Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
          Don't let our failures and shortcomings detour us from achieving the goals we set before us.
          1 Corinthians 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
          1 John 3:20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
          21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. We know that God has forgiven us.
          Romans 14:22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.
Accept nothing less than the best
          14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
          Be persistent. Don't ever settle for where you are now.
I am mature
          15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
          Let God show you the aera in your life where there is room for improvement.
          16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.
          Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
          Paul knew he could not attain the righteousness by his own effort or the keeping of the law.
          Whatever we achieve will be by the power of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment