Saturday, February 24, 2018

CHRIST IN YOU THE HOPE OF GLORY






          Text: Galatians 1:11-12  But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
Paul's testimony
13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it.

Traditional religion
(Is this orthodox Christianity?)
14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.
15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace.

Revelation
16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:
17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.
18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.
19 But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.

Orel tradition

            2 Timothy 2:1-2 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.

Preach the Great mystery
            Colossians 1:26-27 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Preach the word
          Jesus; Mark 2:2 And straightway many were gathered together, insomuch that there was no room to receive them, no, not so much as about the door: and he preached the word unto them.
            The disciples; Mark 16:20 And they went forth, and preached every where, theLord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.
            The saints; Acts 8:4 Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word.
            Preach the word to the Jews; Acts 13:5 And when they were at Salamis, they preached the word of God in the synagogues of the Jews: and they had also John to their minister.
           
What should we preach?
            2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

Word is everlasting
            1 Peter 1:25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

            Christ in you, the hope of glory








No comments:

Post a Comment