Saturday, October 29, 2016

BY MY SPIRIT

                                                    
            Text: Romans 2:6-11   Who (God) will render to every man according to his deeds:
To them (Christians) who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life.
But unto them (unsaved) that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
11 For there is no respect of persons with God. See Ephesians, chapter two.
            How are we strong?

            Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

How to become strong
            If you endeavor to become pure in heart by your own strength, you will fail just like Paul did when he was under the law.
            In Philippians, Paul tells how it was when he kept the law.
           
Paul's self righteousness
            Philippians 3:4-7 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
          How many people try to find righteousness by; Turning over a new leaf, or keeping a new year's resolution?
Paul admits
            Romans 7:15-20 New English Translation (NET Bible)
              15 For I don't understand what I am doing. For I do not do what I want—instead, I do what I hate. 16 But if I do what I don't want, I agree that the law is good. 17 But now it is no longer me doing it, but sin that lives in me. 18 For I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my flesh. For I want to do the good, but I cannot do it. 19 For I do not do the good I want, but I do the very evil I do not want! 20 Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer me doing it but sin that lives in me.
            Romans 7:15-20  For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Righteousness of Christ
            Romans 8:1-11 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man has not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
            2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Announcements
Wednesday bible discussion, 7:00 p.m.
November 5, Work day 10:00 a.m.
November 9, 1:00 p.m. Women's tea At the church.
 November 11, Men's night out.
Wednesday, Red letter study. Matthew 27
Remember the brown box, building fund, bicycle, and sewing machine jar.
Food pantry, food donation.  Cans and non-perishables


          

No comments:

Post a Comment