Saturday, May 16, 2015

GOD'S CHOICE, YOUR CHOICE

 

            Text: John 10:27-29 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish; neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
            Is it up to you, or is it up to God whether you make it to heaven? That is the question I want to talk about today.
            Let's look at some scriptures on the subject.
God's choice
            Ephesians 1:4-5 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love.
                  Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will.
            Ephesians 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will.
            John 6:65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
           
Your choice
            Matthew 10:32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
            But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
            Acts 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
            John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
            John5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
            Ezekiel 18: 20-32 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father; neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
Repentance
21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him. In his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.
God's will
23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? Saith the Lord God: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?
            2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
God hates sin. He is a God of love.
Backsliding, loss of salvation
            Ezekiel 18:24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.
            John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
            Ezekiel 18:25 Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? Are not your ways unequal?
26 When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.
27 Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive.
28 Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
29 Yet saith the house of Israel, The way of the Lord is not equal. O house of Israel, are not my ways equal? Are not your ways unequal?
                  30 Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord God. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.
31 Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die O house of Israel?
32 For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord God: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.
What about predestination?
            What about Jacob and Esau? This is not about salvation. This is about God's covenant. In Romans chapter eleven we read wher the descendants of Jacob were broken off and the descendants of Esau were grafted in.
            Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
            God has determined that he WILL have a church. The word determined applies to the church as a whole, not to individuals.
             Ephesians 5:26-27 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word.
27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Announcements
June 6, 10:00 a.m. Work day.
Wednesday, Red letter study.
June 12, Men's night out 7:00  
Monday, June22 Rodeo
 July 4 Fireworks at Moffit park.
A.B.C. Conference Wednesday Sept.2-Sept.5?
October 31, Nevada day parade
 Bible study available (Foundations of Faith).
Remember the brown box, building fund, bicycle, and sewing machine jar.
Cans and food donation.  



No comments:

Post a Comment