Saturday, February 21, 2015

JESUS AND ME

 



            Text: Ephesians 5:22-25 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it.



             Matthew 19:29. And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

            Luke 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

The rich man

                        Mark 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, one thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

            John 12:26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.


            Matthew 10:37-40 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

40 He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.


              1Corinthians13:4-7

  Love is patient.

 Love is kind.

 Love does not envy.

 Love does not boast.

 Love is not proud.

 Love does not dishonor others.

 Love is not self-seeking.

 Love is not easily angered.

 Love keeps no record of wrongs.

  Love does not delight in evil.

 Love rejoices with the truth.

 Love always protects.

 Love always trusts.

 Love always hopes.

 Love always perseveres.


            Luke 9:57-62  And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him, Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.

58 And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.

59 And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.

60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God. 

61 And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house.

62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.


             Matthew 11:28-30 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.




            Announcements



March 7, 10:00 a.m. Work day.

Wednesday, Red letter study.

I.M.A. Conference April?

Monday, June22 Rodeo

A.B.C. Conference Wednesday Sept.2-Sept.5?

July 4 Fireworks at Moffit park.

Nevada day parade

 Bible study available (Foundations of Faith).

Remember the brown box, building fund, bicycle, and sewing machine jar.

Cans and food donation.  



No comments:

Post a Comment