Saturday, December 27, 2014

PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE

 



            Text: Psalm 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts.


PAST

Look to the past and see what God has done.


             Psalm 121:1-3 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.

He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.


Forget the past that is unprofitable.

            Ephesians 5:12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.



              Romans 14:22 Hast thou faith? Have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.

            Don't let Satan haunt you with sins that God has forgiven you.


Praise reports

            What else can we do for Jesus?


PRESENT

              2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

            Is your life o.k. with the Lord? How are you doing?

Have you allowed sin to creep in?

Have you neglected your prayer life?

Have you read your bible lately?

Has the things of this life kept you out of church?


FUTURE



              Philippians 3:11-14 11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.





Are we doing all we can do for Jesus?

            Proverbs 29:18 Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.

Blind people have no vision.

            God open our eyes. Give us revelation.

            Rut= grave with both ends kicked out.

            When you are in a rut you are going the same direction as everyone else.

            You don't have to think for yourself. Just let the rut give direction.


Bicycles?

            You can ride with no hands.(Let God guide).



Announcements


January3, 10:00 a.m. Work day.

Wednesday, Red letter study.

Wednesday February 18, annual business meeting.

 Bible study available (Foundations of Faith).

Remember the brown box, building fund, bicycle, and sewing machine jar.

Cans and food donation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment