Saturday, July 19, 2014

THINK ON THESE



            Text: Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
God can use all things.
            Philippians 1:12-14 But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel;
13 So that my bonds in Christ are manifest in all the palace, and in all other places;
14 And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.
Let all things magnify Christ
            Philippians 1:15-20 Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:
16 The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds:
17 But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defense of the gospel.
Don't question the method, God will sort it all out.
18 What then? Notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretense, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.
19 For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,
20 According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.
            Matthew 13:24-30 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? From whence then hath it tares?
28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
            Philippians 1:27-30
Contemporary English Version (CEV)
27 Above all else, you must live in a way that brings honor to the good news about Christ. Then, whether I visit you or not, I will hear that all of you think alike. I will know that you are working together and that you are struggling side by side to get others to believe the good news.
28 Be brave when you face your enemies. Your courage will show them that they are going to be destroyed, and it will show you that you will be saved. God will make all of this happen,
 29 and he has blessed you. Not only do you have faith in Christ, but you suffer for him.
 30 You saw me suffer, and you still hear about my troubles. Now you must suffer in the same way.
            Psalm 34:17 The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
Think on these

            Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

            Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

 

Announcements
August 2, Work day.  
Wednesday, Bible discussion. Giants
August 27-30 Labor Day Commference
 Bible study available (Foundations of Faith).
Lunch after Service.
 Remember the brown box, building fund, bicycle, and sewing machine jar.
Cans and food donation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment