Saturday, December 28, 2013

LOOKING AHEAD



Text:  Philippians 3:12-14 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Look to the past (2013).
            Look to the past and see what God has done for us.
            Has there been spiritual growth?
            Worship.
             Reading the word. Did you finish the bible this year? If not, complete it this tear.
            Anyone healed this year?
            Have you written anything for God this year?
            Has our church helped the needy this year?
Look to the future (2014).
 Reach forward to see what God would have us to do.
            What can we accomplish for God In 2014?
Start with yourself
            2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
            Can I be a better Christian in 2014?
            What do I need to do different in 2014?
            What about my calling? What is my calling? How can I prepare myself?
            How can I minister better in 2014? Music, leading others witnessing. Etc…
            Do I need to pray more this year?
            What about my personality? Am I offensive?
             Do I need to make some change in the way I conduct myself?
How about the church?
            Do we need to do things different in the church?
            How can I improve my ministry as the pastor?
Paul has arrived
            2 Timothy 4:6-8  For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
ANNOUNCEMENTS
January 4, Work day.  Sharron's slides. 10:00 a. m.    This Saturday                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
Wednesday, Bible discussion, Hebrews 13
Third Wednesday in February; Annual business meeting...
Bible study available (Foundations of Faith).
Nancy's village, today
Lunch after Service.
Remember the brown box, building fund, bicycle, and sewing machine.
Cans and food donation.  New year

No comments:

Post a Comment