Saturday, December 29, 2012

NEW THINGS FOR A NEW YEAR



(New years resolutions)
          Text: Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
          Quit smoking
          Quit alcohol
          Quit drugs
          Help others
          Live holy
          Control my temper
          Become debt free
          Lose weight- eat healthier
          Read the bible through again this year.
          Prayer more this year
         
          Have you made a new years resolution this year? New years resolutions are made because people genuinely want to improve themselves.
          What would you like to be different this coming year?
          What would you like to change in your pastor?
          What can we change in our church to make it a better church?
          What can I do to make our church a better church?
         
          Make this mornings text our theme for this year. Hears how.
 Relinquished your life. (give it away).
Gal.2:20 Tells us that the Christian life is a relinquished life. To please God, we have to die to ourselves and let Christ live in us.
          1 Peter 1:15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
          16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
          1 Corinthians 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
         
When James Calvert went as a missionary to the cannibals of the Fuji islands, the captain of the ship sought to turn him back. He said the people there would kill him. He responded, I died before came here.
Exchange your life
         
         
                   Text: Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
          It is not possible for us to reach perfection by our own abilities or strength. How then can we be holy as he is holy? By dying out to ourselves and letting Christ live in us. Give up your life. Exchange it for Christ's life.
          1. Christian living; Christ lives his life through us, producing the fruits of the spirit .This represents the character qualities of Christ himself.
          2. Christian service; God accomplishes a lot through us. We make ourselves available to God and he uses us. When things are accomplished through us, we need to recognize that it was him and not the efforts of our own hands.
          Romans 15:18 (N.I.V.) I will not venture to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me in leading the Gentiles to obey God by what I have said and done.
          2 Corinthians 5:20 (N.I.V.) We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God.
          2 Timothy 4:17 (N.I.V.) But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it.
 A life of trust
          Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
          1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
          Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
            Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
          4 Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:
            Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
          In this coming year, let Jesus live your life for you. Set aside all things that are not like Christ and build on those things that are pleasing to him.
         
          2013 could be the year when Jesus returns. Are we ready if he does?
ANNOUNCEMENTS
January 5, 10:00 Work day and 1:00 family fun day.
                                               
January 6, Open house, view village at Nancy's house.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              January 11, Men's night out.                            
 Wednesday, Bible discussion, Ezekiel Chapt. 22.
February 27,Annual Business meeting.
Lunch after Service.
Remember the brown box, building fund, bicycle, and sewing machine.
 Cans and food donation.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment