Saturday, April 7, 2012

THE REST OF THE STORY



          Text: John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
            Easter is a time to reflect. What is the real story of Easter? Is it egg hunts?
Is it about new cloths?  What is the real story?
           
THE RESSURECTION STORY
          Woman anointed the head of Jesus.
            Give to the poor.
            Jesus is betrayed by Judas Iscariot.
            The last supper (Passover meal).
            Jesus foretells the disciple's denial.
            Prayer in the garden of Gethsemane.
            The betrayal of Judas.
            Peter defends Jesus with his sword.
            Jesus trail before the high priest.
            Jesus trail before Pilate.
            Judas repents.
            Barabbas is released.
            Jesus is scourged ridiculed and beaten.
Simon carries Jesus cross.
            Jesus is crucified.
            The two thieves.
            The vial is rent, the earth quake etc…
            The resurrection.
           
THE REST OF THE STORY
            Text: John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
           
            The story begins with SIN. God hates sin. Sin hurts people. God loves people. Something MUST be done about sin because ALL have sinned.
God has decreed that the penalty for sin is death. The penalty must be paid.
            The greatest thing we can read about in the bible is the story of love that God has for us.
            John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
            What does this verse mean? The real explanation is found in Isaiah 53.
            Isaiah 53:4-8 (New Life Version) For sure He took on Himself our troubles and carried our sorrows. Yet we thought of Him as being punished and hurt by God, and made to suffer. 5 But He was hurt for our wrong-doing. He was crushed for our sins. He was punished so we would have peace. He was beaten so we would be healed. 6 All of us like sheep have gone the wrong way. Each of us has turned to his own way. And the Lord has put on Him the sin of us all.
7 Men made it very hard for Him and caused Him to suffer, yet He did not open His mouth. He was taken like a lamb to be put to death. A sheep does not make a sound while its wool is cut and He did not open His mouth. 8 He was taken away as a prisoner and then judged. Who among the people of that day cared that His life was taken away from the earth? He was hurt because of the sin of the people who should have been punished.
            Jesus was crucified and died for you and me. We deserve to die for the sin we commit. He took our place.
FINAL EPASODE
            Acts 1:9-11 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
10And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
11Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
            Matthew 11:28-30 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
          John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
         
             John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment