Saturday, November 19, 2011

A TIME TO REFLECT



          Text: 2 Timothy 1:14 That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us.
          Let us use Thanksgiving this year to reflect on how blessed we really are. What should our attitude be? How blessed are we?
          We take a lot for granted. If people in third world countries had half as much as we do they would feel really blessed.
     Psalm 68:19 Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation.
     Psalm 103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits.
     The things we have is a result of what God has done for us.

Psalm 116:12 What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?
          Being thankful is a virtue.
          James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
          The greatest gift that we can receive is salvation.
          Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
          29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
          30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Luke 11:9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
          10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
          11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
          Psalm 116:1 I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications.
 2Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.
 3The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow.
 4Then called I upon the name of the LORD; O LORD, I beseech thee, deliver my soul.
 5Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful.
 6The LORD preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped me.
 7Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the LORD hath dealt bountifully with thee.
 8For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling.
 9I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living.
 10I believed, therefore have I spoken: I was greatly afflicted:
 11I said in my haste, All men are liars.
 12What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?
 13I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.
 14I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people.

No comments:

Post a Comment