Saturday, April 9, 2011

FEAST WITH JESUS


          Text: John 21:12 Jesus saith unto them, Come and dine. And none of the disciples durst ask him. Who art thou, knowing that it was the Lord.
          13 Jesus then cometh, and taketh bread, and giveth them, and fish likewise.

          In the natural, to many people to much junk food. Junk food tastes good at the time, but after a while we are not to happy with the results. We find ourselves over weight, heart disease, diabetes, etc… The spiritual man has done the same thing with the inner man. There is a longing within that never seems to get satisfied. We try to satisfy that emptiness with all sorts of things, but never seem to succeed.

          John 6:47-59 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
           48I am that bread of life.
           49Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.

          How healthy was that bread that they eat in the wilderness? Did they become overweight? Did this bread cause them to become sick or diseased?

          50This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
           51I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

          Jesus gave himself on the cross.

          52The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?
           53Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
          54Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
           55For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
           56He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

           57As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
           58This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

Was this cannibalism?  John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.


          Luke 15:11 And he said, A certain man had two sons:
          12And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.
          13And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.
          14And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.
          15And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.
           16And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.
           17And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
          18I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
          19And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.
          20And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.

          How many people do you suppose live in our area that once walked with the Lord, but are now in a backslidden condition?

          John 21:15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

          16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

          17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

          Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

          1 Peter 5:2 Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;

          Jesus is still saying today; COME AND DINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment