Saturday, November 28, 2020

MY CROSS

 


            Text:  Mark 8:34-38 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

            35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

 

Matthew 10:37-38 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

            Matthew 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

 

Luke 12:49-53 New English Translation

I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled.

 50 I have a baptism (event) to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is finished

 51 Do you think I have come to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but rather division.

52 For from now on there will be five in one household divided, three against two and two against three

53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law."

Luke 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

 

            What does the Bible teach about Family?

            Start with marriage

            Mark 10:7 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife.

 

Ephesians 6:1-4 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.

Honour thy father and mother, which is the first commandment with promise.

That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.

And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

 Mark 7:10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, whoso curses father or mother, let him die the death.

Ephesians 5:22-25 Wives submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

 

Don't make excuses, traditions.

             Mark 7:7-13 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother. Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:

11 But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.

12 And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother.

13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

 

 

 

            Luke 14:16-20 Then said he unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many:

17 And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, come; for all things are now ready.

18 And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused.

19 And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused.

20 And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.

 

 

 

Rewards for following Jesus

            Mark 10:28-30 New English Translation

Peter began to speak to him, "Look, we have left everything to follow you.

 29 Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, there is no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for my sake and for the sake of the gospel.

 30 Who will not receive in this age a hundred times as muchhomes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, fields, all with persecutions—and in the age to come, eternal life.

           

            . Matthew 6:31-33 Therefore take no thought, saying. What shall we eat? Or. What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you


No comments:

Post a Comment