Saturday, February 15, 2020

WORD OF GOD




            Text: John 1:1-6 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

            Definition of the word; WORD; Something said, account, communication, question, speaker, speech, talk, tidings, utterance.
            The Greek word for this word is Logos.

God's plan for a redeemer was Jesus.
            14 And the Word was made flesh,(the flesh was Jesus) and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Spoken words are very meaningful
            John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
            When Jesus said his followers must eat his flesh and drink his blood, he was speaking in metaphor.

Words are powerful, even ours
            Hebrews 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
            The entire creation was created out of nothing but words.

The words of Jesus are without fail.
            Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
            Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
            Don't ever doubt his words.

            Luke 16:17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.
            Numbers 30:2 If a man vow a vow unto the Lord or swear an oath to bind his soul with a bond; he shall not break his word, he shall do according to all that proceedeth out of his mouth.
            Matthew 5:37  But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.
Be a man or woman of your word.
 John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
            Jesus isn't a way a truth, or a life. He is the way the truth and the life.

Promises from God
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
            God gave salvation.

Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
            God supplies All our needs.

John 14 :1-3 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
 John 14:2 The Voice (VOICE) My Father's home is designed to accommodate all of you. If there were not room for everyone, I would have told you that. I am going to make arrangements for your arrival.
Where did Jesus go? Does he abide in your life?
            Jesus made those arrangements on the cross.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.


Works of Jesus
John14:12-14 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
There are works of love, works of service, works of sacrifice etc…

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
Hebrews 13:5Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
            Jesus is always present.

2 Corinthians 1:20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.
 Galatians 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
2 Peter 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.








No comments:

Post a Comment