Saturday, December 28, 2019

TWENTY/ TWENTY VISION




            Text:  Proverbs 29:18 Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.
            Vision= a dream or revelation. (I've been dreaming of or wanting that).
            Ask yourself, what would you like see happen this year in our church? I would like to see us double in size. I can see people in this area responding to our outreach programs. This is my vision. What is yours?

The year 2020
            What will the coming year bring? How can we reach the unchurched this year.
            Ask yourself; what can I do?
            Everyone can pray.  James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

            Everyone can let your light shine. Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Will you have a new years resolution this year? Instead of a new years resolution have a vision for souls.
            Don't be near sighted. Look beyond yourself. See what God wants you to pray about for his kingdom.
God will give instruction.
            In Acts16: 6 Paul was forbidden to go to Asia. Then he had a dream of a man from Macedonian asking him to come there and help them.
            Acts 16:9 And a vision appeared to Paul in the night; There stood a man of Macedonia, and prayed him, saying, Come over into Macedonia, and help us. And after he had seen the vision, immediately we endeavoured to go into Macedonia, assuredly gathering that the Lord had called us for to preach the gospel unto them.

            Acts 18:9 Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace:

            2 Corinthians 12:1 It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.

Don't be Far sighted
John 4:35 Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest. Our community is full of people that don't go to church. Some are saved, some are not.
 36 And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together.
37 And herein is that saying true, One soweth, and another reapeth.
38 I sent you to reap that whereon ye bestowed no labour: other men laboured, and ye are entered into their labours.
 Work together with other Christians.
Don't procrastinate
 2 Corinthians 6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured (helped) thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

Don't get discouraged
Philippians 3:13-14  Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Prayer is most important
Luke 18:1 And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint.

20'20 vision
            I find life very satisfying when I witness for God and see results for my efforts.
            Galatians 6:9



And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
            Don't get discouraged.  



No comments:

Post a Comment