Saturday, June 23, 2012

EDUCATION



                Text:  Proverbs 1:5 A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels.
What is education?
                Definition of Education; The process of training and developing the knowledge, skill, mind, and character.
Definition of Teach
4) to be instructed
c)  to cause to know
Matthew 28:19
King James Version (KJV)
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations.
New King James Version (NKJV)
19 Go therefore[a] and make disciples of all the nations
Proverbs 9:9 Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.
Proverbs 23:12 Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge.
1 Corinthians 12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
Colossians 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.
How can we teach?
Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
Pass it on
2 Timothy 2:2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.
Jesus gives instruction in the Bible
Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
God wants us to be informed
Romans 1:13 Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren.
          1 Corinthians 10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant.

1 Corinthians 12:1 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
Educate yourself about Satan
2 Corinthians 2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

Educate yourself about eternity
1 Thessalonians 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.


God does NOT put a premium on ignonance, he wants us to be informed(educated).
 A Proper attitude
          Psalm 119:124 Deal with thy servant according unto thy mercy, and teach me thy statutes.
 
          Psalm 119:135 Make thy face to shine upon thy servant; and teach me thy statutes.
 
          Psalm 132:12 If thy children will keep my covenant and my testimony that I shall teach them, their children shall also sit upon thy throne for evermore.
 
          Psalm 143:10 Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.

No comments:

Post a Comment